Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I hope you all attended a kick-off meeting for My Well-being Journey!  This campaign is really about being healthy and happy.  I just read an article about the habits of happy people.  The article talked about taking ACTION.  Specifically, it said that making a deliberate change for happiness has a longer effect on your happiness than passively experiencing a positive change in circumstances.  Because really, when something good just happens to me, I suppose I take it for granted.  Taking action is key, even if it's a small change.  I appreciate it because I made it happen!

I feel like that idea reinforces what we're doing with My Well-being Journey.  We'll choose to make small changes.  The small changes really add up!  I'm going to start by working on being ON TIME.  If I can modify my day to allow a little extra time getting to work and meetings, I'll earn the "Killing the Clock" souvenir!  I know I'll be a happier person if I'm not always kicking myself for running late!  : )

If you'd like to share with the class, let us know what change you're going to make!

--Vanessa Farley, Media Development

No comments:

Post a Comment